LADY HIKE’S 12 DAYS OF BLESSINGS
As I kid, I thought this was the most amazing thing! I remember filling up a bowl of snow and my Dad would turn it into a delicious, sweet, creamy, whipped vanilla shake that I would slurp from my spoon! But my favorite part of making snow ice cream was getting to make it whatever color I wanted. Adding the food coloring was the BEST even though I usually ended up with gray from added too many colors.
This is the first thing my boys want as a tiny bit of snow hits the ground. I always have them collect a lot more snow than needed so I can use the “cleanest” snow! Lol!
This is our favorite recipe:
BEST SNOW ICE CREAM EVER:
· 1 cup cream
· 1/2 cup real maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
· Pinch of sea salt
· 8 cups of fresh snow
· Food coloring
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
2) Quickly pour this mixture over the snow, and mix thoroughly.
3) (Optional) Let children color as desired!
4) Enjoy immediately, as snow ice cream melts fast. (It also doesn't refreeze well, so you'll want to eat the entire batch in one sitting.)